Thursday, July 28, 2011

Stickin' with Love

I saw today a quote attributed to Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:  "Today, I'll stick with love.  Hate is just too great a burden to bear."  What a terrific reminder that hate, divisiveness, anything other than love is a burden.

Ernest Holmes, in one of his sermons by the sea, reminded us to be "for something but against nothing."  This is a high ideal, but I have just been reminded by a friend how important it is to aspire to.  To be for something means to bring the force of my consciousness, my love, my energies into alignment with and support for what I believe in. 

So today, I am FOR love.  I am FOR looking for the oneness instead of the separation.  I am FOR awe-filled respect for all the forms of God I see around me.  I am FOR caring for one and all.  I am FOR peace for every form of life on the planet.  I am FOR living in such a way that my presence is a boon to the world.  I am FOR love.  I am FOR love.  I am FOR love.

This means I am always willing to learn from everything that crosses my path -- even my own "mental lapses."  I am willing to see myself honestly and change my behavior to be in closer alignment with what I truly want for myself and the world.  And that means I am for being open and humble enough to apologize and then strive to not have anything further to apologize for. 

Ultimately what it means is total freedom -- because there is nothing to hide.  There is nothing to clean up after.  There is just love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment